I'm clearing out my JDC memorabilia, collected artifacts and souvenirs, as I get ready for my new role as CEO of the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ.
There are things I'm returning, things I'm keeping ... and a few things I'm figuring out what do with them.
For example ...
1. I have a pile of Uzbek sum, the national currency of Uzbekistan. Not quite as useless as my unique collection of Hundred-Trillion Dollar notes from Zimbabwe, but close.1
2. My collection of Continental Airlines luggage tags and weird airline freebies from lots of business trips.2
3. A large bottle of horseradish vodka from Ukraine.3
4. Several packs of JDC playing cards, mezuzot from kids-at-risk in "Better Together" programs, and bookmarks and artwork from at-risk JDC clients.1
1. I'm keeping them.
2. They're all in the trash.
3. just kidding. I know what I'm going to do with this.