Friday, July 25, 2014

Transitions .... Ok, what do I do with this stuff?

I'm clearing out my JDC memorabilia, collected artifacts and souvenirs, as I get ready for my new role as CEO of the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ.
There are things I'm returning, things I'm keeping ... and a few things I'm figuring out what do with them. 
For example ...


1. I have a pile of Uzbek sum, the national currency of Uzbekistan. Not quite as useless as my unique collection of Hundred-Trillion Dollar notes from Zimbabwe, but close.1

2. ‎My collection of Continental Airlines luggage tags and weird airline freebies from lots of business trips.2

3. A large bottle of horseradish vodka from Ukraine.3 

4. Several packs of JDC playing cards, mezuzot from kids-at-risk in "Better Together" programs, and bookmarks and artwork from at-risk JDC clients.1

5. A collection of Cuban bubble gum cards depicting the revolution.1

6. "Easy Magyar" translation flash cards.2


1. I'm keeping them. 
2. They're all in the trash.
3. just kidding. I know what I'm going to do with this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment