Monday, June 30, 2014

Transitions

I'm proud and excited to have been selected to be the next Chief Executive Officer of the Jewish Federation of Greater Metrowest, NJ.

I've lived in this community for seven years now. And for the past six years, I've watched my kids grow up in a thriving, vibrant, dynamic Jewish community. It's a community with strong connections to Israel and the Jewish world. And it's a community with an amazing history - and future - of taking care of the vulnerable, and showing leadership and Jewish values.

I'm proud to be part of it, and honored to be selected as the next Federation Exec.

Over the coming weeks I'm going to transition out of JDC. It was a difficult decision - I've loved the Joint, I've loved working for the Joint, and I've loved every single day of my "job." Now that it's coming to a close, I can say openly that I'm grateful that they paid me for something that I would have done for free.*

Thank you to all of you who have reached out with kind words of support. Keep reading my blog for transition thoughts, experiences ... and please reach out with your comments and suggestions.

I feel incredibly fortunate, and honored, to move to this next stage.

Dov


*But, you know, good that they did. Kids, food, mortgage, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment