Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Getting ready for the #JFNAGA

I'm heading to Jerusalem to take part in the annual General Assembly of the Jewish Federations of North America. It's one of my favorite events of the year ... seriously. And there are a couple of good reasons for it:

(1) there are some really awesome people going. People I admire, people I find inspiring, and people I want to see.

(2) it's in Israel. Any excuse, frankly, is a good excuse to go.

and (3) a lot of what I like most in the federation world is there. The GA is the focal point for much of the discussions, the stories, the agenda of what we talk about when we talk about American Jewish community life. If we didn't have it, we'd have to create it.

I should be spending most of my time giving briefings and presentations. But if you're there, come say hello.



No comments:

Post a Comment